Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What type of Hero work do you do?

Go down 
4 posters

What is your primary focus as an RLSH?
Crime/Safety Patrol
What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_lcap75%What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Crime Deterrent/Awareness
What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_lcap0%What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Homeless Outreach
What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_lcap0%What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Charity Events
 0% [ 0 ]
Youth Programs
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (tell us what)
What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_lcap13%What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
RLSH Assistance
What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_lcap12%What type of Hero work do you do? I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

Titles : Formerly Raven

What type of Hero work do you do? Empty
PostSubject: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:07 am

I'm just curious to see what the percentages are on the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://time4heroics.blogspot.com/
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:22 am

For the most part, you're mostly going to find the first option here, with also a few to vote the last option as well.

We on the Heroes Network - while not the types to tell members what to do on their patrols - it's up to them - we here as in using the Heroes Network resources and such, do more-so tend to focus on helping out with the more of the Crimefighting and Protecting people. I never refer to it as a Safety Patrol - just a Patrol, it sounds better and less politically correct, has more of a real superheroic feel to it.

But needless to say I did vote the first option.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Laserskater

Laserskater

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:16 am

All these options are important. It looks like the main area is the patrol...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:25 pm

If I could I'd vote
Items 1,2, 4,5, and 6
For obvious resons
No 6 would be
Snow removal
And Standing against bullies
Back to top Go down
GoldenAerie2

GoldenAerie2

Titles : Formerly Raven

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 am

I thought there would be more diversity
Back to top Go down
http://time4heroics.blogspot.com/
C

C

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:36 am

There is lots of diversity in the community a a whole.

But as Tothian says, Heroes Network is primarily used by crime fighters, as the poll also reveals.
There are other boards that primarily focuses on other categories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sectortools.com
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:07 am

I usually try to make sure I let everyone know what the Heroes Network is and isn't. But again it isn't to speak for others nor say what they decide to do nor tell them what to do. But just us as our resources with the Heroes Network. Like with the sections and the academics sections, the reason it was founded and re-founded. Ways we want to help this Community and help the world. It also gives the Warrior Crimefighter types a place they can feel comfortable with speaking amongst themselves and not have to feel like they have to deny that nor have to promote watered down standards of superheroism, nor cater to those who want to turn it in to something else. It's more traditional superheroism in nature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:50 am

Other.

I have future plans, but currently I am a firefighter, a son, a sibling, a brother in law, an uncle, a boyfriend, and a friend, and a best friend. My plate is pretty full in the superhero department. I'm a hero for my People. My family, my friends, their families, my brother firefighters, and I put my efforts into making my little spot on the earth a better place.

Personally, I feel crime-fighting on the streets is a job better left to the proper authorities. Neighborhood Watch Groups, I don't have a problem with. I'm just uncomfortable with weapon toting masked individuals in the bad parts of town in the wee hours. For me personally I'd feel it would be irresponsible of me, because it would put my family and friends at risk; if I got hurt or killed, they would be the ones who would suffer for it. And the state of Alaska would lose a perfectly good firefighter.

This however doesn't mean I am nt a crimefighter. I am, I just have an alternative style you could say. I prefer education, guidance, and prevention over direct confrontation. I feel changing the future is more efficient than focussing on fighting the issues of the present. I feel we should learn from the lessons of present and past so that we can better safeguard the future, and to do that, we have to brainwash the people in our lives, because they are the most easily approached. Relationships are powerful things. You would think I have a problem with brainwashing considering what they did in Utah, but I don't feel it's bad. I feel it's like a lot of things. It can be used positively or negatively. I'f I get inside of my mothers head, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Because I "messed with her head", she's laughing again. It helps to have the abilities of mind reading and mind control and knowledge of how peoples brains work. My family is just about set. I'm currently focussing on them and the DIrector at the moment. The next part for the DIrector situation involves my having to do the last I would want to do, but also a very strong desire at the same time. I have to go back there. Because I need the files they had on me at the School in hopes of getting more information, but also because I want to talk with some of the people on my list. (It's NOT a hitlist). First one is Kevin Raff, then the Director, then some dude named "Rob", and finally Jackson Unga, my mentor, and my protector while I was in hell. He seemed to have an uncanny ability himself of getting into the heads of those around him. IUncluding mine. But he used it like I do, for the good of others, for the bettering of mankind. He could calm the most rageful of individuals with a single touch; nobody ever wanted to hurt Jackson. Those who did got hurt not by jackson, but by us, we all were furious at anyone who threatened him. He was like our father. I remember he was there the day I escaped. We were so comfortable with each other that we were hugging tigtly. He's a 300 pound polynesian from Samoa, he's big but a lot of it is muscle. My eyes were welling up, because I thought I was never going to see him again (never occured to me I could just by a plane ticket and fly on down and track down his whereabouts). I told him I loved him; we had a strong father/son relationship. He always encouraged me to run away, but taught me also how to defend myself from some of the monsters there. I'd love to just spend one more weekend with him. If none of my other objectives pan out on my trip, just that alone would make it all worth it. Unless the unthinkable happened and I discovered he was "one of Them". But that's just my paranoia talking. I know Jackson loved us. He cared for us more than anyone else did. In some ways he legitimately does feel like more of my father than my own father. That sort of hurst sometimes. I would never tell that to my dad though. Anyhoo,....yeah, as a superhero I justy sort of do a blend of alternative stuff haha. XD

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--Hero Man
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Hero Man wrote:
Personally, I feel crime-fighting on the streets is a job better left to the proper authorities. Neighborhood Watch Groups, I don't have a problem with. I'm just uncomfortable with weapon toting masked individuals in the bad parts of town in the wee hours. For me personally I'd feel it would be irresponsible of me, because it would put my family and friends at risk; if I got hurt or killed, they would be the ones who would suffer for it. And the state of Alaska would lose a perfectly good firefighter.

This however doesn't mean I am nt a crimefighter. I am, I just have an alternative style you could say. I prefer education, guidance, and prevention over direct confrontation. I feel changing the future is more efficient than focussing on fighting the issues of the present. I feel we should learn from the lessons of present and past so that we can better safeguard the future, and to do that, we have to brainwash the people in our lives, because they are the most easily approached. Relationships are powerful things. You would think I have a problem with brainwashing considering what they did in Utah, but I don't feel it's bad. I feel it's like a lot of things. It can be used positively or negatively.

The whole patrolling the bad areas thing is a majority of what the Heroes Network is. To the first part though, while Police have their reasons to do this, so do we. Each needed for different reasons and offer a different balance. Police have a presence that prevents total chaos and anarchy. Not saying things are perfect with them but if you weigh the pro's and con's, there is a reason for them. As for us, we have a reason too. We're not limited by all the things that Police are limited by. We're not fighting to represent laws that we don't necessarily agree with. We do not have specific jurisdictions.

Kind of like when I was in the Marines. It didn't define me, but it did add definition to who I am through knowledge, training, and experience.

As for the 2nd paragraph- That also sort of is what the Heroes Network is too. Education is very important, thus the reason for the Academics Category.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Your welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What type of Hero work do you do?   What type of Hero work do you do? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What type of Hero work do you do?
Page 1 of 1