Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon

Go down 
+2
Tothian
Lunar Veil
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunar Veil

Lunar Veil

Titles : Crime Fighter

Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Salve a tutti!

Most of you probably already know me - I am the snarky Sicilian-American Vegan animal rights activist, environmental activist, and crime fighter who patrols Portland, Oregon with her partner (and husband-to-be), Dark Wolf. We began patrolling as Dark Wolf and Lunar Veil in February 2007, and we officially joined the RLSH community in September 2009. Together, we have been successful in many things - putting animals in safer homes, putting children in safer homes, investigating/turning in drug houses, and much more. Our most recent patrol placed us right in the centre of a bunch of naked people (if you know me on Facebook, then you can read my post entitled, "DAFUQ?!"); after we asked around, we found out that it was the 2012 Naked Bike Ride, but it served as a good reminder that anything can happen in our liberal city (let me tell you, though, watching Dark Wolf use first aide on a naked woman's knee was interesting).

My interests (in alphabetical order): animal rights, art, astronomy, baking, baseball, basketball, chemistry, culture, environmental science/conservation/preservation, geology/seismology (ask me anything about plate tectonics), government, grammar/spelling/style/syntax, fitness, football (both American and European), guns/shooting guns, knives/throwing knives, language, law, literature, music, nutrition, PHILOSOPHY (capitalized because that is my primary major, and I am currently working on a kick-ass, revolutionary thesis), physics, politics, reading, rollerblading, skateboarding, Vegan living, video games, violin, working out, writing, etc.

Fun fact about me: I have recently commenced playing the violin once more (I used to be really good at it), and by the last day of August of this year, my goal is to be playing the violin - dubstep style - in the streets of Portland. This will be done in uniform, of course, as my goal is to bring attention to both my causes and the community in general, inspiring others to go out and make a difference here as well. For those of you who do not know what dubstep violin is, check this link out:

Fun fact about us (as a couple): Dark Wolf and I are going to have the first-ever RLSH wedding. It will be in uniform, on a rooftop, and will hopefully take place right before school starts again in September. SkyMan is going to be the minister.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Lunar Veil!

It's awesome to see you on here! Benvenuti alla rete Heroes! Or as we say in english, welcome to the Heroes Network! One of us!

Also, that is a cool music video, here is the Lunar Veil theme song so everyone knows:

Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Lunar Veil

Lunar Veil

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Thank you, Tothian!

I do like your song for me; however, for multiple reasons, this is the song that I have always considered to be my theme song:

Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:50 pm

That one always reminds me of the Elektra theme song, both that one during her training scenes and fight scenes, and the "My Immortal" during the sad scene. Is that where you got it from or did you already like that song?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:01 am

Lunar Veil! I'm very happy that you've joined the Heroes Network!

ONE OF US! group
Back to top Go down
Lunar Veil

Lunar Veil

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:04 am

Actually, I have never even seen that movie.

I like this song because it reminds me of how Dark Wolf brought me back from the edge during a very dark time in my life - so dark that I thought that there was no going back - and how bringing Lunar Veil to life brought me back to life.

These are not the only reasons why I associate with this song, but they are the primary reasons.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Veil

Lunar Veil

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:05 am

Thank you, ShowStopper! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:09 am

Oh wow. Go see the movie Daredevil next chance you get.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
DarkShadow

Titles : The Umbra Obscurum, DS, The DarkShadow, He who wields the Blade of the Whirlwind, the Lightning Blade

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:14 am

Welcome aboard Lunar.

DarkShadow Rising....
Back to top Go down
Doberman

Doberman

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:31 am

Welcome, and to enthuse the welcome I give a loud WOOF!
Back to top Go down
C

C

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Welcome Lunar.

It's an honour to have you here. You are one of the big reasons I decided to join the community. Back in march 2011 when I first heard about the RLSH, I began looking into it, reading articles, listening to the Superhero Academy, watching videos etc.
I was prepared to see a bunch of silly or even stupid people in costumes doing silly stupid things.
But one of the first episodes of Superhero Academy I heard, was the one were you were interviewed. It was very pleasant to learn that the community does in fact have a lot of very kind and intelligent people like you.
After listening to that episode, it was clear to me that this is something I want to support. Smile (Of course it would have been clear to me later in any case. I can't escape the fact that I belong among you all, whether I like it or not, and whether you like it or not, but just wanted to tell you that I definitely consider you to be one of the RLSH's that lifts up the whole community).

Also, your outfit rocks. Wink

Sounds awesome with an RLSH wedding! Looking forward to see some vids and/or pictures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sectortools.com

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Congrats on the wedding May you both have many long fun years together
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:59 am

Benvenuta!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:45 pm

hello luner its wildcat i bid u and fond wellcome glad to have u hear on heros net work if u ned iney thing pless leat me know and by the way hugs and love smiles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:36 am

welcome to the HN.
Back to top Go down
Dybbuk

Dybbuk

Titles : Dybbuk

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Welcome to the Heroes Network! Great to have you here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon   Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunar Veil: The Gothic Side of the Moon
Page 1 of 1