Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' Empty
PostSubject: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Here's an old article of me that came out on May 13th, 2008. It was on a blog of Mike Brotherton's. This is from the last time I was running the Heroes Network forum.

It reminds me of how things were back then, and also my views about things have pretty much remained the same.

Here:

An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Captain Knight

Captain Knight

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:41 pm

I was actually reading this interview not to long ago. It was actually the first interview I ever read and I often read it to myself for inspiration, you gave honest answer's and you went above and beyond the questions themselves going on to explain your answer's "The world needs us, and we all need
each other, we’re all more effective when we unite, and put all of our
knowledge & training together." Probably one of the most important statements all of us should remind ourselves of.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Wow cool, I had no idea you read that before, nor that it was the first article you've read.

I'm glad you found it inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Captain Knight

Captain Knight

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:04 pm

I remember when I first started getting interested in patrolling I started looking around the net for interviews media coverage anything and this was the first one I clicked on, I first got interested in the community when I saw it on fanboy confessional and then this article and many others, and then I ended up watching Superheroes although before watching the movie I had already decided this is what I wanted to do the documentary really pushed it home for me, So although alot of the media coverage can be bad, In my case it helped and I think the media really does help find those who have it in their heart to do good, It was like someone rang my doorbell and I decided to open the door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:08 pm

the old green suit,i remember it well. "you still got it?"
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:08 pm

I don't agree with a lot of the media coverage this community gets, I'll explain why.

1- They misquote what people say, and yeah I know the editors have their reasons, that doesn't mean I'll ever agree with it. I was once quoted in an article as to having said the word "trepidation" - before then, I had no idea such a word even existed, let alone what it meant.

2- They always have to make it more comic booky, and politically correct, saying stuff like "Even though they don't have superpowers..." they make them look more lame and less superheroic, and then calling what they wear costumes instead of uniforms or suits, and then calling it a movement instead of a community, always seems wrong.

3- Some people - not naming names - just the 'idea' of what I've seen sometimes, was people who are some of the rudest or most two-faced people I've ever seen pretending to be these genuinely good people for the sake of positive public image, as opposed to just being honest about who they really are - bothers me the most. We don't have to be perfect people, nor should we only show our good sides, I think it's more honest when someone can admit that they're not a perfect person, but still be willing to try to always continuously seek to be a better person. And then when ever someone tries to be honest about who they really are, and it doesn't appear perfect, and everyone tries to verbally attack that person - that bothers me even more, because that person unlike many of them, was real and genuine. People should be free to express who they honestly are without having to lie just please an in-crowd of people who want to speak for everyone and represent everyone, and they should also understand that the words and actions of one do not represent anyone. I don't represent anyone but myself, and nobody else represents me. This is a community that while founded upon ideals such as helping, protecting, saving others, and fighting crime, evil, injustice - it was through means of self-expression, not conformity.

4- They sometimes mention websites like the are either inaccurate and/or outdated. I know they feel like it's more complete when they make references to it, but not a lot of other websites about this community seem too accurate, because they try speaking for everyone, and I don't agree with that.

If I can think of anything else I'll add it.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:10 pm

And yes, Red Vision - I still have all of them, as well as a shirt with a yellow symbol. It was actually made from the same shirt I used to have the urban camo symbol sewn on to it. Months ago I had took it off then painted my symbol on it in yellow.

Like the song: "Black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow..." (Actually, I have that song on my phone as Phoenix Jones' ringtone)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:13 pm

ringtones huh? what's mine?lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:42 pm

"Let me check"- Tothian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Okay, he said it's the Rubberband Man song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Tried making a comment, included in said comment was an updated link to the Heroes Network.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:12 am

Haha yeah, I just put the Rubberband Man song as Red Vision's ringtones, although I did to both of his numbers he'd given me a few years ago. @Red Vision, you'll have to let me know which one is your current number you use, or if it's both. (BTW, for some weird reason, ShowStopper & I had accidentally pocket dialed you a few times over the past few months)

And yes, I put an updated link on there as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:31 am

I think the pocket-dialing was because of the speed-dial number you have. Forget what it was, it might have been "5". Or "2".
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:41 am

I think it was 2. I don't even know how to work those speed dial things on my phone though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:47 am

You hold the number down to call.
Back to top Go down
Captain Knight

Captain Knight

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 12:48 am

speed dialing can make pocket calls alot more frequent I normally don't bother with it Contact list is good enough for me lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:21 am

Yeah. Still haven't figured out a way to turn it off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:25 pm

@ tothian:

I still got the cell-phone,but my service is gone due to contract issues. so that one is no good. the first number i gave you is fine,it's my aunt's # just be careful using it,she don't know the RLSH thingy. get ahold of me threw the internet first or my hotline website b4 calling the phone number.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Okay. You can always call me if you want, if you don't still have my number then I can just PM it to you. Also, we could always still have conference calls some time.
Back to top Go down
Captain Knight

Captain Knight

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:07 pm

I think Skype could be beneficial for us to have, and fun of course in moderation, I use it when I play games on the computer with my friends and sometime's they can make my brain hurt lol
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:52 pm

The only problem with Skype is that you can only use it when you're on the internet on the computer.
Back to top Go down
Aftershock

Aftershock

Titles : Katalyst

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Solid interview Tothian. Good job. I'm looking forward to any upcoming interviews the public / media or fellow RLSH wanna throw my way. I LOVE answering questions from people who are genuinely interested in what my team and I do or wanna do in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://thekatalysts.webs.com
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks, Aftershock!
Back to top Go down
Aftershock

Aftershock

Titles : Katalyst

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:21 pm

No problem bud! I just recently did an interview for The Chronicle actually. It's a local Durham College newspaper. Look for the interview here in a week or so:

http://chronicle.durhamcollege.ca/category.php?id=4
Back to top Go down
http://thekatalysts.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'   'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'An Interview with Tothian of the Heroes Network'
Page 1 of 1