Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!

Go down 

Which one do you prefer?
Being seen and noticed
To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_vote_lcap33%To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Blending in with the crowd
To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_vote_lcap33%To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Blending in with the surroundings
To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_vote_lcap0%To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (Please explain!)
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! Empty
PostSubject: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:32 am

Which do you prefer, when going out on patrol?

Do you wish to be seen and noticed by others when you go out and patrol, and take a more extroverted approach?

Do you wish to blend in with others more easily, so that you can still go out in public, but not have people bother you all the time for dressing like a superhero?

Or, do you like to blend in with the surroundings at night time and not be noticed at all?

Other? Please explain!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! Empty
PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:35 am

I prefer blending in with the crowd. Not so much to the sense of comforming to others. I do like that my suit is more about self-expression. But, at the same time, I can walk around in public and not be noticed nor bothered. (Depending on which version of my suit that I'm wearing). But, I can also blend in with other superheroes easily, too. It allows me to go more places and do more things while still having that "complete" feeling I get while being my my suit, and also having the functionality aspect too, yet, not being bothered all the time about it.

The armored versions of my suit get me more well noticed. Sometimes people have thought I was a Bounty Hunter, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:17 am

i picked other,special if it's a legal case. i rather stay out of sight & unknown,for a variety of reasons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:59 pm

I would have to say other because I would like to go unseen untill the time to act has come but then I will slip back into the darkness.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Red Vision,
I think I understand what you mean. Do you often wear your suit on patrol, or just part of it and then switch in to it when you need to? Or does it depend on the patrol/mission if you go in uniform or plain clothes?

Dark Ghost,
That makes sense. I like that way too. But with your suit, I'm guessing you must rely on the physical surroundings, darkness of the night included, as opposed to blending in. Both blending in with people, or blending in with surroundings, allows you to go unnoticed until you're doing something heroic and then disappearing again afterwards. So, for that reason, I don't think it would have been inaccurate for you to vote the 3rd option. Blending in with surroundings means you won't as likely be noticed if someone were to look in your direction or even at the corner of their eye in their peripheral vision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:37 pm

I wear the padding & the outter suit,under my clothes. When I need to I just find a spot to change & grab my extra stuff out of my duffy bag & I'm ready to roll.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm

What kinds of other stuff? Like the mask and utility belt or other stuff too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 pm

yep,all of the above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:15 am

I like blending in, and prefer to be practically invisible (and yet my name is ShowStopper, lol). It just kinda creeps me out if I think a bunch of people are looking at me.

My suit does that for me, I mean yeah, it's one-of-a-kind, but, it doesn't look too conspicous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:28 pm

You guys know me and am familiar with my attitudes about being a visible presence. I like to relate to people on the streets, answer questions, clear up misconceptions about RLSHs. When I'm Geist, I'm outgoing and approachable.

I think it's important that I'm a visible and noticeable presence. There's no mistaking that there's a guy in a goofy costume helping people. And I've had a total stranger in Minneapolis approach me and ask if I'm Geist because he'd just read about me on the Internet that very day. I've said, "Evening, Officers!" to a group of mounted patrol also in Minneapolis and one of them smiled and said, "Hi, Geist."

We're each going to fit into the different heroic roles and methods that suit our styles and we find comfortable. Here, as in many questions, I don't think there is a wrong answer.

That's not to say that I haven't done my share of lurking in the woods or dark alleys...
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:00 am

Geist,

I don't see you as a guy in a goofy costume, I see you as a superhero in a Green Cowboy Suit.

And as for that one night you were talking to me on the phone while you were "lurking in the woods" - I'll never forget that! But, I don't know how secretive you want the details of that to remain though, so I won't say any more than that, since you did mention the part about lurking in the woods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:41 am

I agree,you gotta go with what's comfortable with your style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:47 pm

And each hero has a style that works for him and a "role" that they fit into. Even on my Madison Wis. patrol last weekend, I tended to be the guy who said "Hi, Folks!" to people who passed us and stared. There were six of us RLSHs on patrol. Part of the outgoing thing is probably being comfortable with relating to people after having done this for awhile. I have a few ideas about what people are thinking and can read their faces a bit. I also have responses ready for the "usual questions" but every now and then they throw me with a new one.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Geist wrote:
I also have responses ready for the "usual questions" but every now and then they throw me with a new one.

I bet I know which two are the most common. I'm thinking of making a thread about that in General Discussions soon.

And yes, if you learn to understand yourself more, you'll also understand your thoughts and opinions, the answers will begin to establish itself in your mind more easily. And over time, it'll become a lot more natural, so you won't really have to think about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Okay Tothian, I'll give you "Why the costumes?" and "What's your superpower?" Did you have a different question in mind?

I do get a series of them and the latest has been, "Can I see your eyes?" which is kind of interesting, but I've only done for one person with confidentiality professionally guaranteed She was a journalist for Minnesota Public Radio. She wants to do a story about me, but understands that I can't allow that. She has journalistic ethics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!   To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To be seen, or not to be seen, or to be seen and not noticed, that is the poll question!
Page 1 of 1