Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which one do you prefer?
Star Wars
Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Star Trek
Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Both
Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Neither
Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage

Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:11 pm

I used to love Star Wars and even preferred it. But how many times can George Lucas mutilate his original product to try to suck more money out of it? He's lost his integrity and makes me sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:40 pm

plus the way how he made them in different order,really confussed me. not that it matters even when movies are in order they jump around so much,it's still difficult to figure out the plot?
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:28 am

Red Vision,
You might be thinking of the newer version? There was a younger version of him. But, it was probably just showing him at different phases of his life.

Geist,
I think that the prequel trilogy had a bit of needed flair to it that was necessary. Not that the original trilogy was boring, but the balance of the two was needed. So that in total, Star Wars is not too much flair/silliness, and also not too average, neither.

Red Vision,
In the original trilogy, they were always talking about the Clone Wars, and when Obi-Wan Kenobi was training Anakin Skywalker. Then you only briefly see Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader (formerly Anakin Skywalker) meet. You see a sense of urgency in that he had to meet him and confront him and fight him. By seeing all of the events that began with them two, and then over the years led up to the events that took place at the end of episode 3, it added that bit of "Ohhhh, so THAT'S why he did that" and also "the kind of friendship they used to have and how it changed to them two fighting to the death in episode 4".
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Tothian, you're right of course. The mode of the movies HAD to change due to new technology and a new generation.

What I didn't say though, is I feel that every incarnation of Star Trek has seemingly strived to consistently maintain Gene Rodenberry's vision.

In contrast, Lucas is pandering to a children's audience. I have to say that I noticed the beginnings of that with all of the burp jokes in Return of the Jedi and the Ewoks. He might as well just do children's entertainment and forget about his once-loyal fans.

Gee, can you sorta tell that I have strong feelings about this topic and have verbalized about this before? I'm a geek, but a grown up one.

Please feel free to disagree with me and point me in another direction. I won't bite your head off. Promise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:30 pm

speaking of star wars..."I'M GOING TO THE C2E2,COMIC COM!"Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 1673956045
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:01 am

Geist,
Now that you bring it up, Yoda also could have been an indication of the silly direction it would be taking, from The Empire Strikes Back. If I had just only seen Episode 4: A New Hope, I would've been kind of bored with it. But, because I know the history that goes along with it, both the past and the future of that story, it's not too boring, because there's that certain "spirit" about it, that makes it interesting. I don't think it would be so much in that direction if they made a 7, 8, and 9. I think it would still be made interesting, but, it probably wouldn't be as silly as the prequel trilogy. What would they call it, the sequel trilogy? So there'd be the Prequel, the Original, and the Sequel.

Red Vision,
Cool!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 4:57 am

What if we started a "Make Episodes 7, 8, and 9!" petition and gave it to him? I bet it would get thousands, if not millions, of signatures.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:02 am

That would be a great idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:54 am

great,when everyone goes to the chichago comic con with me,you can give it to C3PO in person.lol
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:01 am

He claims he's fluent in over 6 million forms of communication. How about putting that to good use and communicating to George Lucas to finish what he started and make 7, 8, and 9! It would be the perfect time for it because the actors and actress who played Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia - are all the perfect age for the roles if it takes place about like 30 years after the events of Return of the Jedi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 am

It might be better if you asked,since I have no idea what your talking about?lol
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:08 am

Oh! It was a semi-joke. C3PO, the character that Anthony Daniels plays in Star Wars, claims to be fluent in over 6 million forms of communication. I think he should use that to get it through to George Lucas that he must make episodes 7, 8, and 9... It is his destiny...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:11 am

I understood that part,it's the rest 7 how it reflexs the previous movies,i don't get?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Aww Man, I'm going to get really cruel and hard-hearted here and mention that I DO think that 7, 8, and 9 WILL eventually be made because there's money to be had. Someone will make it eventually. And personally, I hope it's not George Lucas. I don't think he can handle his own success anymore. Much like Michael Jackson, there's no one he's surrounded himself with who has the guts to tell him that something is a dumb idea.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:24 am

Red Vision,
The rest 7 what? Do you mean the episodes? There was 6, unless if you're referring to that Clone Wars movie that was in theaters in 2008.

Geist,
When you were saying you thought you were going to get cruel, and then like, saying that you think there should - and will be - a 7, 8, and 9 made, I was like, "How is that cruel???" - then came the George Lucas part. lol - You do have a point that too much success could make him not feel like he has to try as hard to make it good, because he'll already make a fortune off it anyway. But, here's an example of how I think he cares more about the story than the success. Before 2002, when they were figuring out who should play the adolescent role of Anakin Skywalker. Leonardo DiCaprio was the one actor who looked the most like an older version of Jake Lloyd, the young Anakin Skywalker. And could also get away with looking at least somewhat like a younger version of the guy who played the ghost of Anakin Skywalker at the end of Return of the Jedi. But, George Lucas didn't want all the women going to the theaters to see Star Wars Episode 2 just because Leonardo Dicaprio was in it. He wanted people to go to see Star Wars because they liked the story of it. As far as a 7, 8, and 9 go. Sure, someone else could make it better. But, if George Lucas doesn't make it, then I'll forever wonder how a 7, 8, and 9 would've been, had he himself made it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:08 am

Tothian wrote:
As far as a 7, 8, and 9 go. Sure, someone else could make it better. But, if George Lucas doesn't make it, then I'll forever wonder how a 7, 8, and 9 would've been, had he himself made it.

I think that it would become a popular debate among Star Wars fans for years if that happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 am

what makes everyone think that there will be more?
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:01 am

ShowStopper,
Yeah.

Red Vision,
George Lucas originally wrote 3 trilogies, so a total of 9 episodes. The 2nd trilogy were the ones he made in to movies that came out in 1977, 1980, and 1983. He said that he wasn't going to make any more after that. Until, 1999, he changed his mind and then started working on the first trilogy. So, to answer your question, many people think that since George Lucas changed his mind before, that he'll do it again. And also because so many people are wanting him to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Yeah. He should give the people what they want!
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:30 pm

We should use Jedi Mind Tricks on him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 pm

"You will make the third Trilogy."

"I will make the third Trilogy."

*starts work on it*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:01 pm

We all know that it took place a long time ago on a glacier far far away....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Cleveland in 1963.
Back to top Go down
Green Avenger

Green Avenger

Titles : leader of the gardner alpha

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:55 pm

id take solo over spak any day....
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next