Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which one do you prefer?
Star Wars
Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_vote_lcap36%Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Star Trek
Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_vote_lcap18%Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Both
Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_vote_lcap36%Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Neither
Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_vote_lcap9%Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:42 am

Which one do you prefer? Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?

Vote! Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? 2357916046 Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? 2357916046 Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? 2357916046 Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? 2357916046 Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? 2357916046

And feel free to discuss, as well! Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? 1411424851
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:50 am

I voted Star Wars. And *waves my hand in your face* you will vote Star Wars too...

(Actually, you don't have to vote that, but for any Star Wars fan out there, I'm sure they would understand why I couldn't resist saying that. LOL)

Anyway, the reason I voted Star Wars more was because I enjoy it more, I feel like I can relate to it more. They have Jedi and Lightsabers and you can't deny that that's awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:17 am

I voted Star Wars because I once watched this hour-long special on TV that said how Star Wars changed a lot of things, the culture, the movie industry, etc. Star Wars is like American mythology. I also saw another one about called "The Science of Star Wars". It was very interesting, and it also said how a real Lightsaber *could* be made, although, it would be a long time in the future before that would be possible. It also has a very detailed and complex story line, with different character's stories all intertwined with all the others. Lots of mini-stories that are all part of one much bigger story.
Back to top Go down
Hexx

Hexx

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:07 am

Im a huge Star Wars fan and with the exception of the old ewoks cartoon series, Ive never seen anything I didnt like... I like some of the star trek series, but never really got into them as heavily as I did Star Wars... Besides, sure the vulcans can do a crazy neck pinch... but anyone who can use the force can do it from 100 yards away!
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:05 am

Hexx,

As for that term the "Vulcan Neck Pinch" - I heard about itin Spaceballs - the 1987 Parody of Star Wars (Great movie, BTW!) that term - I always thought it was "Vulcan Neck Bench" - which never made any sense to me - from as far back in life as I can remember, but thanks for correcting it.

As for the Ewok stuff - I do remember the movies, from when I was really young. Mostly just the first one I saw sometimes when younger, then some years later - which is still some years before now, I saw the second one, but I think only like once. And while the first one is kind of nostalgic to me because I saw it when younger, it still doesn't feel right though - because there's no Jedi in it. And watching Star Wars without Jedi is like going to the movie theater after the movies over, or like going to the beach in the winter time. It's just out of place. I know it's not called Star Wars, but it still takes place in that universe.
Back to top Go down
Doberman

Doberman

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:51 am

Tothian wrote:
Hexx,

As for that term the "Vulcan Neck Pinch" - I heard about itin Spaceballs - the 1987 Parody of Star Wars (Great movie, BTW!) that term - I always thought it was "Vulcan Neck Bench" - which never made any sense to me - from as far back in life as I can remember, but thanks for correcting it.

well the neck pinch, is only capable by vulcans, because Vulcans are much stronger than humans. McCoy tried it in Trek 3 when spock put his mind in his, and it failed miserably.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:47 am

I voted neither,BATTLE STAR GALATICA all the way!!!Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? 4238099835
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:54 am

Doberman,
Ah.

Red Vision,
If I was to mention anything similar to those - aside from Spaceballs which is just a Parody of Star Wars - I would have to say Starship Troopers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:09 am

I would have voted for SPACE GHOST if possible.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:59 am

Coast to coast?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:23 am

I voted for both because I am a big fan of Star Trek and a big fan of Star Wars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:03 am

that or the original cartoon. (I bet a SPACE GHOST movie would be really cool.)
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Ratman,
Ah.

Red Vision,
I forget much about it, just that it was on cartoon network late at night some years ago, and the guy had a batman mask without the horns, and a white suit, black cape. I forget much of what it was about, but I remember it being more talking than action type of stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:46 pm

they were really cool cartoons,space ghost,bird man & others were pretty neat for their time period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:53 pm

I have to say Star Trek More Realistic and Ive seen the same 3 star wars movies over and over for more than 20 years before they finally made the 3 new ones When are they going to do episodes 7 8 and 9?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:55 pm

If I had a Space ghost costume Id turn it into another Polarman outfit
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Polarman,

You didn't vote in the poll - or did you? As far as when they're gonna make a 7, 8, and 9 - they didn't even plan on making 1, 2, and 3. I'm glad they did. I hope they do eventually make a 7, 8, and 9. The original cast is mostly all old enough to be about the right age groups to do it.

And now that I think about it, why is there always gravity in space - in BOTH Star Wars and Star Trek? Isn't going in to space supposed to be awesome because there's no gravity? I mean, sure, I could understand they keep some kind of gravity in there in some way - so that when they land on a planet again, they aren't weaker - but, it's not like it takes them several months to get from one planet to another, they make it seem like it only takes a few hours to get from one planet to another.

And as for Space Ghost's suit - it does have your black and white colors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? 1262948966 STAR WARS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 pm

@Tothian- They talked about it in The Science of Star Wars, I think it's artificial gravity.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Red Vision,
Yep!

ShowStopper,
Cool. Is that a book or was that one of those science fiction documentaries? And, as for artificial gravity, I wonder if it was the same as natural gravity, or if was slightly more or slightly less than it. To have artificial gravity be slightly more, would make real gravity feel a lot lighter, so that'd be good for training purposes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Tothian, It was a TV show that talked about the science behind it, and they also had an episode about SpiderMan.
Back to top Go down
Hexx

Hexx

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:52 pm

the last 3 movies for star wars are written, following the children of Leia and Han, but until good ol' George stops getting rediculous amounts on cash in royalty's unfortunately he'll never do them... Thats what happened with 1, 2 and 3... He tried to do it with Indiana Jones too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:10 am

Indiana Jones SUCKED!!!
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:15 am

ShowStopper,
Oh okay.

Hexx,
I think I heard about them, too. It was very similar to how the first, second, and third episodes of each trilogy mirrored each other, and it was similar to that. First of each talks of a description of someone, bad, then good. The second talks about something bad that is fighting, the third talks about the action of the bad guy, then the good guy. The third one in the 3rd trilogy, I remembered ended in something like, Victory of the Force. I forget what 7 and 8 were called. George Lucas could still pull it off. And now would be the perfect time, too.

Red Vision,
LOL! I didn't love it but I didn't hate it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:21 am

that actor was to OLD for the role.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?   Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars? Star Trek? Both? Or neither?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next