Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homeless laws.

Go down 
+2
Drone
Tothian
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Homeless laws. Empty
PostSubject: Homeless laws.   Homeless laws. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:00 pm

So in more and more places it is becoming illegal to help the homeless. 

Would anyone like to weigh in some ideas/known tactics that you have personally used to get around this new ridiculous and frankly BULLSHIT law?

I have been trying to come up with some ideas but everything seems to have some kind of flaw...
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Homeless laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeless laws.   Homeless laws. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:35 pm

1- This is why I tell people to get more involved in politics. Stop being pawns and letting OTHER people make decisions like this for you.

2- First, from a tactical economic perspective, don't spend something if you are not absolutely sure it will be used. I've seen too many people waste resources on stuff that never even gets given to people.

3- To answer your question, I think I saw Life do this once. He found out what the homeless person wanted, and then wrapped it up carefully, and then put it in a garbage, so that the homeless person could take it out from there. Once it is in the garbage the original buyer is no longer responsible for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com
Drone

Drone

Homeless laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeless laws.   Homeless laws. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:41 pm

Danners and i talked earlier on facebook. People posted a lot of good ideas, one of them was the garbage drop. Otherwise, if you know a warm, dry place someone could be at and keep the items for them, make them look like birthday or xmas presents. they just go in, say a password to the person with them, and have them handed out. that way the item doesnt risk getting wet/snowed on/disposed of. Make it look like you met a friend and gave him a birthday present! And this doesnt really look too suspicious around the holidays.
Back to top Go down
C

C

Homeless laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeless laws.   Homeless laws. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:19 pm

My idea was simply to have the homeless register their cellphone number on the local superhero headquarters website, since (as far as I know) most homeless does have a cellphone.

Then the local RLSH could send out SMS to everyone, about where and when to meet up.

It may be forbidden to feed the homeless, but it's not forbidden to give your friend a meal.
If you have his phone-number, he might be considered a friend.
(So many people abuse the system like that. So we can too).
Back to top Go down
http://www.sectortools.com
Backup

Backup

Homeless laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeless laws.   Homeless laws. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Oh, laws similar to these are probably my pet peeve.

I imagine to have a successful arrest for this, they will have to prove you 'knew' the person was homeless, that they could not be considered a friend, that you directly helped them, and that you weren't just getting rid of something, offering a loan, etc.

There are so many holes in these evil laws, that if you don't directly admit to violating the law, you probably can't be convicted of it. In the US, you have the right to remain silent. If you are interrogated by police about your activities, simply ask, "Excuse me, officer, am I free to go?" If you are being detained, they will tell you, at which point you should only say, "I would like to remain silent" /or/ "I would like to talk to my lawyer first."

I imagine if you don't admit to anything, a lawyer will be able to get you off 90% of the time.

I like the trash can idea, that way you also can't be cited for littering.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/call_backup
Excelsior

Excelsior

Homeless laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeless laws.   Homeless laws. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 7:44 am

This is atrocious that cities are passing these evil laws. I wasn't aware this was going on until I saw this thread. The idea of making it illegal to give a hungry homeless person food is criminal and these are the kinds of laws that good heroes should feel free to break for the sake of true justice.
Back to top Go down
The Wall Creeper

The Wall Creeper

Titles : Veteran Crime Fighter

Homeless laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeless laws.   Homeless laws. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:36 am

Call us Super Heroes, losers, nerds, cosplayer wannabees, vigilantes, criminals...

The day I choose to refuse to help someone in need simply because the government passed a law against it, is the same day I'd swan dive off a sky scraper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homeless laws. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeless laws.   Homeless laws. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeless laws.
Page 1 of 1