Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to the Psychology Section!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Welcome to the Psychology Section! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Psychology Section!   Welcome to the Psychology Section! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:23 am

Hello! And welcome to the Psychology Section of the Heroes Network forum!

There's 3 reasons I believe that learning Psychology is good for the members of the Heroes Network to learn.

1- A lot of us have some kind of psychological disorder. Learning things from others here, both from official information as well as personal experiences, on how to improve our psychological state of well being.

2- The things we learn, we can better educate others at fixing their own problems.

3- Understanding people and their reasons for things. But when it comes to understanding the criminal mind, use the Criminology section for that.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this section and find it useful!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Psychology Section!   Welcome to the Psychology Section! I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Psychology is one of my top favorite subjects and I'm glad you made this section.
Back to top Go down
Drone

Drone

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Psychology Section!   Welcome to the Psychology Section! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:03 am

Fun fact. While i was still in college i was majoring in psychology. It didn't work out, but i learned a ton about it, especially social psychology.
Back to top Go down
Tothian
Tothian

Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Psychology Section!   Welcome to the Psychology Section! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:14 am

ShowStopper,
I'm glad I made it too.

Drone,
Cool! You can be very helpful to us here then.
Back to top Go down
C

C

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Psychology Section!   Welcome to the Psychology Section! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:54 pm

In my experience, most of your mental problems will go away as soon as you learn not to give a shit about the various things you keep worrying about.

And actually (for the believers) the Bible says so too, that we shouldn't worry about anything.

So just don't worry. It'll solve a lot. And really... there's nothing to fear either. You just think there is, but there isn't. Bible says so too. So stop worrying.

And that concludes my contribution. ;-)

P.S.: Notice how I put the word "most" in bold writing? That's to emphasize that I don't mean that all mental problems can be solved that way. Just to make sure we're clear on that before you write some snappy comeback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sectortools.com
Tothian
Tothian

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Psychology Section!   Welcome to the Psychology Section! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:35 pm

C,

I've found that to be helpful too. I have noticed that some medication helps, as well as certain diets with b6, b12 in them. But also the state of mind as well. Each can help about 30% to 45%, so in total that can do about 60% to 90% to help.

This section can help other RLSH's, also help us help others, as well as understand people psychologically speaking. Not just relevant to psychological disorders but also just understanding things about people in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Psychology Section!   Welcome to the Psychology Section! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Psychology Section!
Page 1 of 1